Essential Tools To Power Up Your Business
Whether you’re a freelancer or a corporate owner, you need stuff to promote your business. Business instruments such as websites and marketing collateral are essential creatives that make your business known. What follows is a list of the essential business tools that you need to power up your business.
If You’re A Business Owner
1 Public Image
- This is the very first creative that you need. Have a logo designed that truly reflects your business image. All your creative collateral would need a logo.
- Design a letterhead that blends with your logo and business image.
- Business card
- Your business card should complement your business image. Its design should not be a breakaway from the design of your letterhead.
2 Web Presence
- To put your mark on the Web, you need a website. A website requires two things in order to exist on the Net.
- Domain name. Your website requires a unique domain name that you have to register in order to be valid.
- Web host. You need to subscribe to a web host plan to house your website on the Net. I recommend this green web host, not only because it comes with a free domain for life, but also it uses green energy.
- Site administration
- You need someone to manage your website, unless you are a technical person who knows how to do it.
- Content management
- Your site needs content with substance. Somebody has to manage it who can write in good English and do some research. If you are good with a camera, images add appeal to your content. You may also need a graphic designer and a video editor if you want to add this kind of content.
3 Web Promotion
- Social media integration
- Connect your Facebook or Twitter to your website. There are a number of social media sites to choose from: Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pocket, Tumblr, Flickr, among others. Pick your favorites.
- Connect and interact
- Technology can do the integration but to interact with humans, you have to do your part.
- There are two forms – paid advertising and freevertising. In freevertising, you use your social media sites or your email list to promote your business. But never, never spam.
4 Creative Collateral
- Flier, brochure, catalog
- Outside the web, traditional marketing materials complement your digital creatives. But of course, you are not limited to paper. Your flier, brochure, and catalog can be digitized into PDF or JPEG file format.
- Business letters
- Sales letters, follow-up letters, and thank you letters. To compose an effective business letter is a skill that only a few has. Hire someone who is really good. For a tip on how to write an effective business letter, read it here.
- Landing page
- You might also need a pitch page, aka sales page, an opt-in or signup page, or a combination of both depending on your objective: to sell so they buy or have them sign up for something.
If You’re A Blogger
You can optionally skip #4 if you are a blogger. In some cases you may need a variety of landing pages as a way to promote your blog or website. If you have items to sell, a product catalog would complement your blog.
5 Blog Monetisation
If you simply want to increase your followers, you can skip this section. Otherwise, continue reading to get some ideas on how you can make money blogging.
- Publish ads
- Put ads on your site. Sign up for Google Adsense, Clickbank or RevenueHits. If your site is popular, you can accept direct ads.
- Join affiliate programs
- Your blog can promote somebody else’s products through affiliate sites like Clickbank.
- Sell something your own
- You can write an e-book and sell copies. Package your photos for a price. Sell a coaching service.
For The Entrepreneurial Mind
If you want to have your own online business that generates passive income, I will teach you exactly what I do — step by step. Think about it. Once you have decided and truly serious about it, contact me. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
6 Other Things
If you know other things to add to the list, you can mention them below.